Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lea Salonga - Two Words



Lea Salonga in Winnipeg, Canada! (September 2009)

Song Highlights:

Hahanapin Ko, Own My own, Promise Me, Reflection, Gone Too Soon (Tribute to Michael Jackson), I'd give my life for you, Somebody to Watch Over Me, Two Words, I dreamed a dream, Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal, and Tomorrow

Arguably, one of the most renowned Filipino singers of all-time, Lea Salonga boasts of her musical prowess at top-level Broadway Musicals, contemporary music (releasing albums in the Filipino and worldwide markets), and sharing her talents to sold-out concerts around the world.

I couldn't pass up the chance when Ms. Salonga toured last year and visited Winnipeg, Canada. As soon as the tickets went on sale, I grabbed first-row tickets for myself and my parents (next time, looking forward to attend a concert with my fiancee, Kate).

What an incredible talent! Each song was sung as if it were her last!

Even more remarkable is this video (posted by: chryssanthemum in youtube) that I found as she dedicated a song, "Two Words" (written by: Louie Ocampo) for her fiance, Robert Charles Chien in 2004. An incredible composition by the great Mr. Louie Ocampo and heart-touching, personal rendition by Ms. Lea Salonga on one of the biggest days of her life. Dedicate ko din to my baby, Kate. I love you so much!



Two Words by Lea Salonga
(Written by: Louie Ocampo / arranged by: Gerald Salonga)

In a while, in a word,
Every moment now returns.
For a while, seen or heard,
How each memory softly burns.
Facing you who brings me new tomorrows,
I thank God for yesterdays,
How they led me to this very hour,
How they led me to this place...

Every touch, every smile,
You have given me in care.
Keep in heart, always I'll,
Now be treasuring everywhere.
And if life should come to just one question,
Do I hold each moment true?
No trace of sadness,
Always with gladness...
'I DO...'

(instrumental)

Now a song that speaks of now and ever,
Beckons me to someone new,
Unexpected, unexplored, unseen,
Filled with promise coming through.
In a while, in a word,
You and I forever chained,
Love so clear, never blurred,
Has me feeling wondrous, strange,
And if life should come to just one question,
Do I face each moment true?
No trace of sadness, always with gladness,
'I DO...'

Never with sadness...
Always with gladness...
'I...DO....'

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry for the mistakes in the vid.... i made another one.. better than this :(

    ReplyDelete